Download WHV Education Opportunities Flyer to distribute to your staff, volunteers and others!
We Honor Veterans is excited to announce the availability of seven FREE Veteran-centric End-of-Life Online (E-OL) courses. These online courses are convenient, efficient learning modules covering the latest Veteran-centric education. They are available on-demand wherever you have an internet connection.
Miss out on a We Honor Veterans webinar or just want to listen again? MP3 downloads of past webinars are now available with the click of a mouse. Now you and your staff can experience webinars on your schedule and share in the learning anytime.
We Honor Veterans has PowerPoint presentations with helpful speaker notes included. These presentations cover a range of topics including: the We Honor Veterans program; Veteran issues at the end of life, partnering with VA and your community and much more.
Hospice Foundation of America (HFA)
20th Annual Living With Grief Program "Improving Care for Veterans Facing Illness and Death”
Available beginning April 17, 2013
This 3-hour continuing education program is designed to assist end-of-life care provider organizations and professionals in enhancing their sensitivities and understanding of Veterans and to provide professionals with new interventions to better serve dying Veterans and their families. To learn more and register as a site, please visit HFA’s registration site at https://register.hospicefoundation.org. (Note: NHPCO members and We Honor Veterans Partners are eligible to receive a discount for registration fee. Please email email@example.com to receive the discount code.)
HFA has also created a book which examines the impact that the military experience can have on Veterans who are dying or facing grief and loss. To learn more about this book and order your copy click here.
Honor Flight, The Movie
Honor Flight is a heartwarming documentary about four living World War II veterans and a Midwest community coming together to give them the trip of a lifetime. Volunteers race against the clock to fly thousands of WWII Veterans to Washington, DC to see the memorial constructed for them in 2004, nearly 60 years after their epic struggle.
WHV Partners can host a screening of the movie in your community to raise awareness and support for your program, Honor Flight and We Honor Veterans. For more information about hosting a screening click here!
End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) for Veterans
ELNEC-For Veterans Curriculum now available! This curriculum was developed to meet the unique palliative care needs of Veterans and to guide nurses in orchestrating this care. Only 4% of Veterans die in VA facilities. Those working in non-VA facilities care for the other 96% of Veterans. Nurses and other healthcare providers working in non-VA facilities must be trained in caring for the unique needs of Veterans. Please pay special attention to the 'Copyright Permission' and 'Use of ELNEC Materials' links found in the Table of Contents.
Education in Palliative and End-of-life Care (EPEC) for Veterans Training Modules
EPEC for Veterans is devoted to equipping clinicians with the attitudes, knowledge, and skills to provide the best possible palliative care for their patients. The ultimate goal is to relieve suffering and improve the quality of life for all Veterans who are living with, or dying of, life-threatening illnesses.
Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
Palliative Care Nursing Assistant Training
HPNA developed a palliative care nursing assistant training consisting of seven 2-part interactive web courses to teach nursing assistants how to provide palliative care for Veterans. Upon completion of each module a certificate can be printed. Participate in the interactive web courses here.