Download WHV Education Opportunities Flyer to distribute to your staff, volunteers and others!
We Honor Veterans is excited to announce the availability of six FREE Veteran-centric End-of-Life Online (E-OL) courses. These online courses are convenient, efficient learning modules covering the latest Veteran-centric education. They are available on-demand wherever you have an internet connection.
Miss out on a We Honor Veterans webinar or just want to listen again? MP3 downloads of past webinars are now available with the click of a mouse. Now you and your staff can experience webinars on your schedule and share in the learning anytime.
We Honor Veterans has PowerPoint presentations with helpful speaker notes included. These presentations cover a range of topics including: the We Honor Veterans program; Veteran issues at the end of life, partnering with VA and your community and much more.
Best Practices from Partner Networking Calls
We Honor Veterans Recruits and Partners have shared some of their best practices on Partner Networking Calls. Select one of the links below to read the best practices shared on these calls:
- June 28, 2017 Partner Networking Call Recording
- March 15, 2017 Partner Networking Call Recording
- December 14, 2016 Partner Networking Call Recording
- September 14, 2016 Partner Networking Call Recording
- June 15, 2016 Partner Networking Call Recording
- March 30, 2016 Partner Networking Call Recording
- December 16, 2015 Partner Networking Call
- September 29, 2015 Partner Networking Call
- June 24, 2015 Partner Networking Call
- March 20, 2015 Partner Networking Call
- December 17, 2014 Partner Networking Call
- August 11, 2014 Partner Networking Call
- April 17, 2014 Partner Networking Call
- December 19, 2013 Partner Networking Call
- February 28, 2012 Partner Networking Call
- September 26, 2012 Partner Networking Call
- August 16, 2011 Partner Networking Call
- July 19, 2011 Partner Networking Call
- June 21, 2011 Partner Networking Call
20th Annual Living With Grief Program "Improving Care for Veterans Facing Illness and Death”
Available beginning April 17, 2013
This 3-hour continuing education program is designed to assist end-of-life care provider organizations and professionals in enhancing their sensitivities and understanding of Veterans and to provide professionals with new interventions to better serve dying Veterans and their families. To learn more and register as a site, please visit HFA’s registration site at https://register.hospicefoundation.org.
HFA has also created a book which examines the impact that the military experience can have on Veterans who are dying or facing grief and loss. To learn more about this book and order your copy click here.
Honor Flight is a heartwarming documentary about four living World War II veterans and a Midwest community coming together to give them the trip of a lifetime. Volunteers race against the clock to fly thousands of WWII Veterans to Washington, DC to see the memorial constructed for them in 2004, nearly 60 years after their epic struggle.
WHV Partners can host a screening of the movie in your community to raise awareness and support for your program, Honor Flight and We Honor Veterans. For more information about hosting a screening click here!
EPEC for Veterans is devoted to equipping clinicians with the attitudes, knowledge, and skills to provide the best possible palliative care for their patients. The ultimate goal is to relieve suffering and improve the quality of life for all Veterans who are living with, or dying of, life-threatening illnesses. An updated EPEC for Veterans course material is available on VHA TRAIN. You can create a free account to access this and other trainings by going to vha.train.org. If you are having trouble creating an account, click here for a step-by-step guide.
Palliative Care Nursing Assistant Training
HPNA developed a palliative care nursing assistant training consisting of seven 2-part interactive web courses to teach nursing assistants how to provide palliative care for Veterans. Upon completion of each module a certificate can be printed. Participate in the interactive web courses here.