Level One: Provide Veteran-centric education for staff and volunteers, and identify patients with military experience.
To become a Level One Partner:
- Review the following information with your hospice’s staff and volunteers:
- Sign in to your Partner Portal and complete your Activity Report
- Upon receipt and approval of the completed Activity Report, WHV staff will:
- Email a Level One Certificate of Recognition
- Email a Level One WHV logo
- Add your hospice’s name on the WHV Partner Directory.
Level One Partners may immediately begin working on Level Two Activities.
WHV Partner Level One Required Activities
Staff and Volunteer Education and Programs
- Conduct a minimum of three (3) different (topics, not audiences) Veteran-specific presentations for staff and volunteers within your organization. Please note – presentations must not be more than one year old and had to have already taken place.
- Educational PowerPoint presentations and additional resources can be found at www.wehonorveterans.org/education.
Organizational Policies And Procedures
- Review with staff and volunteers: Military History Checklist and Guide
- Begin integration of the Military History Checklist process (or equivalent) into referral/intake procedures within your organization.
VA Medical Centers and Veterans Service Organizations
- Identify the designated Hospice and Palliative Care contact person at closest VA medical center and/or Community Based Outpatient Clinic.
Local, regional and statewide Hospice- Veteran Partnerships
- Review the Hospice-Veteran Partnership Guide