Level Four: Increase access and improve the quality of care for Veterans in your community.
To become a Level Four Partner:
- Review the following information with your hospice’s staff and volunteers:
- Complete Your Activity Report.
- Upon receipt and approval of the completed Activity Report, WHV staff will:
- Email a Level Four Certificate of Recognition
- Email a Level Four WHV logo
- Update your hospice’s level on the WHV Partner Directory.
WHV Partner Level Four Required Activities
Staff and Volunteer Education and Programs
- Continue to integrate Veteran-specific content into staff and volunteer orientation and education within your organization.
- Evaluate organization’s Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program.
- Conduct at least three Veteran-specific presentations in any combination of community, healthcare and Veteran organization venues – different from Level Three activities.
- If presenting to same organizations reported in Level Three, programs must include different/updated topics and information.
Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Conduct an evaluation of the: Military History Checklist process (or equivalent) for intake/admission procedures.
- Provide an annual review of Veteran-specific Practice Examples from NHPCO’s Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs for staff and volunteers within your organization.
- Using information gathered through the use of the Military History Checklist (or equivalent), continue to monitor and evaluate demographics of Veterans served by your organization since joining the WHV program. Include in data collection how many Veterans were pinned.
- Evaluate procedures for assisting Veterans and families to access benefits (see Veterans Benefits PowerPoint on WHV website and/or online course provided by NHPCO).
- Develop, implement and evaluate procedures for transitioning Veterans across venues of care, including VA Medical Centers.
- Implement the Veteran Specific Questions (VSQ), or similar survey, within your organization.
- Develop and implement one or more Performance Improvement Projects, one of which must include Veteran-specific items from NHPCO’s Veteran Specific Questions (VSQ) or similar survey, in measurement and reporting of care and services for Veterans.
VA Medical Centers and Veterans Service Organizations
- Continue ongoing relationship development with designated VA contact person and one or more Veterans Service Organizations.
- Document meetings or other activities.
Local, regional and statewide Hospice-Veteran Partnerships
- Continue active participation in local, regional or statewide HVP.
- List participating organizations, date(s) of recent meetings, and outcomes of participation.