Level Four: Increase access and improve the quality of care for Veterans in your community.
To become a Level Four Partner:
- Review the following information with your hospice’s staff and volunteers:
- Complete Your Activity Report.
- Upon receipt and approval of the completed Activity Report, WHV staff will:
- Email a Level Four Certificate of Recognition
- Email a Level Four WHV logo
- Update your hospice’s level on the WHV Partner Directory.
WHV Partner Level Four Required Activities
Staff and Volunteer Education and Programs
- Continue to integrate Veteran-specific content into staff and volunteer orientation and education within your organization.
- Evaluate organization’s Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program.
- Conduct at least three Veteran-specific presentations in any combination of community, healthcare and Veteran organization venues – different from Level Three activities.
- If presenting to same organizations reported in Level Three, programs must include different/updated topics and information.
Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Conduct an evaluation of the: Military History Checklist process (or equivalent) for intake/admission procedures.
- Provide an annual review of Veteran-specific Practice Examples from NHPCO’s Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs for staff and volunteers within your organization.
- Using information gathered through the use of the Military History Checklist (or equivalent), continue to monitor and evaluate demographics of Veterans served by your organization since joining the WHV program.
- Evaluate procedures for assisting Veterans and families to access benefits (see Veterans Benefits PowerPoint on WHV website and/or online course provided by NHPCO).
- Develop, implement and evaluate procedures for transitioning Veterans across venues of care, including VA Medical Centers.
- Implement the Veteran Specific Questions (VSQ), or similar survey, within your organization.
- Develop and implement one or more Performance Improvement Projects, one of which must include Veteran-specific items from NHPCO’s Veteran Specific Questions (VSQ) or similar survey, in measurement and reporting of care and services for Veterans.
VA Medical Centers and Veterans Service Organizations
- Continue ongoing relationship development with designated VA contact person and one or more Veterans Service Organizations.
- Document meetings or other activities.
Local, regional and statewide Hospice-Veteran Partnerships
- Continue active participation in local, regional or statewide HVP.
- List participating organizations, date(s) of recent meetings, and outcomes of participation.