Level Two: Build organizational capacity to provide quality care for Veterans.
To become a Level Two Partner:
- Review the following information with your hospice’s staff and volunteers:
- Sign in to your Partner Portal and complete your Activity Report.
- Upon receipt and approval of the completed Activity Report, WHV staff will:
- Email a Level Two Certificate of Recognition
- Email a Level Two WHV logo
- Update your hospice’s level on the WHV Partner Directory.
Level Two Partners may immediately begin working on Level Three Activities.
WHV Partner Level Two Required Activities
Staff and Volunteer Education and Programs
- Conduct a minimum of three (3) different (topics, not audiences) Veteran-specific presentations for administrative and clinical staff and volunteers within your organization – different from presentations delivered for Level One Activities.
- Integrate Veteran-specific content into staff and volunteer orientation within your organization.
- Educational PowerPoint presentations and additional resources can be found at www.wehonorveterans.org/education.
- Conduct veteran-specific outreach presentations in at least 2 Veteran organization venues (VFW and other VSOs, State Veterans Homes, etc).
- PowerPoint presentations and additional resources can be found as listed above.
Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Continue to Integrate Military History Checklist process (or equivalent) into referral/intake procedures within your organization. Set up an annual evaluation of the process.
- Conduct review of Veteran-specific Practice Examples of NHPCO’s Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs
VA Medical Centers and Veterans Service Organizations
- Develop ongoing relationships with designated VA contact person and one or more Veterans service organizations. Identified in Level One activities.
Local, regional and statewide Hospice-Veteran Partnerships
- Continue review of the Hospice-Veteran Partnership Guide
- Identify a local, regional or state-wide Hospice-Veterans Partnership in your area. Contact your state hospice organization for contact information as needed.